Monday, March 2, 2015

Crochet Mug Cozies

 For my sister Julie's birthday, I purchased a set of 12 plain white mugs, knowing she would like those best, and made colorful cozies for them.  

 I had no pattern for these, but it wasn't too hard to come up with one on my own.

I used a comfy, worsted weight, cotton blend yarn that I found on knitpicks.com, that I really like.  It comes in little skeins (109 yards), but is fairly affordable, so really worth it!  Plus the colors are fantastic! :)  Here are some examples from their website.



 I had a lot of fun with this project.  Working with the buttons was fun, and is sort of a new thing for me.  I feel like I want to use buttons on everything now. :)


 The reason I wanted to do 12 mugs is that my sister and her husband have 9 beautiful kids.  I wanted there to be enough for everyone, and have a spare, in case there is another child in their future.  




I really like wood buttons for my sister, and the subtle leaves on them, I thought, were a really nice touch.  

2 comments:

  1. :-) :-) :-) Big smiles. They are so great. You showed me this yarn at Grandma's house, didn't you? I love how they turned out and I love that they are for me! Love you, sister. ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so bright and attractive, it just makes me want to hold one and drink a cup of tea. You are coming up with some really great ideas.

    ReplyDelete