Monday, February 23, 2015

Preemie Crochet Dress

A friend of mine, her sister recently had a baby quite early.  She weighs less than two pounds I'm told, and is fighting hard.  My friend wanted to get her a dress, and was having trouble finding one.  I offered to help her out, and this is what I came up with.  I designed it myself, I think it's pretty darling.
 My friend really wanted it done in a mint color.

 No, I'm not crazy.  The spoon is in the picture so you can really see the size of the dress, and how small it is.

 I really like the white scallop trim along the bottom of the dress.
.
I thought the pink and white would be nice little accents.  The buttons turned out very cute. :)  I will be making a blanket to go along with it, and I'm thinking some bloomers as well.  I'll post more photos as I have them.

1 comment:

  1. When I pictured "preemie dress," I couldn't have dreamed up how adorable this would be. It's just so sweet in every aspect (color, style, ribbon). I hope the little recipient gets some use out of it and the mother gets some encouragement from your sweet homemade gift. ~Julie

    ReplyDelete