Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Crochet Leaf Coasters


 I had the fun idea to make leaf coasters for my friend Melanie's birthday.  I couldn't find a pattern I liked, so I made one up.  It was the first time I have ever written out a pattern that I made.  I wanted them to all be uniform, which is what prompted me to do it.  This is Melanie's set.  They were such a success, that I am now making them for just about everyone I know. :)

 The first picture was in natural light, but the colors don't come across very clearly.  This second picture is with the flash, so you can really get a good idea of what they truly look like.







 This is the finished "wrapped" product.  Melanie did enjoy them, and I'm looking forward to seeing them at her house. :)




I made this little set of orange and brown ones for my Grandma Bethel.  She is a woman after my own heart, who loves those colors. :)







Here is another set I made for my best friend.  The ribbon turned out really cute!

I hope you have enjoyed these, and if you ever want the pattern, I can get it to you! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooooohh! Beautiful and exciting! Seriously. I think they're thrilling. Great colors on Grandma's set too. LOVE them. ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photos. Interesting how different they appear with the flash, and how the natural light does not show the true colors. I liked how you photographed them from all ways, and even gift-wrapped. Glad I have a set : )

    ReplyDelete