Friday, May 23, 2014

Bedspread Crochet Quilt Project

 Here is my work in progress!  I'm trying to get it done in time for the county fair this Summer, but I find it's taking much more time than expected.  However, I'm very pleased with how it's turning out!  It's going to be a queen size bedspread, and is made mostly with Lily brand Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn, as well as Lion brand Cotton-Ease yarn.
 I've really liked the combination of the two yarns.  Sugar'n Cream is a bit stiffer, and creates really clean lines for good stitch visibility.  The Cotton-Ease is super soft, and a total pleasure to work with!  It adds a flexibility and coziness to the blanket, and works well with the Sugar'n Cream.
I'll keep you posted on this project. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooo....I love it! I love your description of the yarns and their differences and benefits. Very cool. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Julie that you're descriptions of the yarns used add a bunch of interest and 'feel' to the post. I especially appreciated the last photo as it shows more of a close up to the squares, and you can see you're work. Good job!

    ReplyDelete